Policies and Procedures Needed for a NELAP Laboratory
The 2016 TNI standard uses the following words: policy, procedure, system, SOP, plan, program, system, and protocol. The objectives are to review all the instances of these words and discuss various options for conformance to the 2016 Environmental Standard (EL) TNI standard Volume 1, Module 1 and 2.
Expected Benefit of Training
To assist labs with developing a documented program that meets the 2016 TNI EL standard.
By the end of the training, the participant:
- Knows the laboratory’s policies, systems, procedures, and instructions to the extent necessary to assure the quality of the test results, including SOPs that accurately reflect all phases of current laboratory activities, such as assessing data integrity, corrective actions, handling customer complaints, and all test methods.
- Understands the importance and is familiar with the types of documents that form part of the management system, such as regulations, standards, and test methods, as well as drawings, software, specifications, instructions, and manuals. Ensures that authorized editions of appropriate documents are used and that invalid or obsolete documents are promptly removed to ensure unintended use.
- Understands how and when policies and procedures are revised.
- Knows how to develop and manage policies and procedures so as to add value.
- Understands the process for reviewing and controlling SOPs and policy documents. Knows how to effectively write and review documents so they reflect the requirements and actual lab practice and are written for bench level use. Knows how to assure that analysts are following the currently approved versions.
This course is designed for lab managers, technical managers, supervisors, quality managers
$75 for TNI members
$90 for non-members
Group rates are available: Each purchased webcast is to be viewed by only one student. If you would like multiple viewers, separate purchases must be made. A group rate of $350 for TNI members or $425 for non-members is available for groups of 5-10 students at a single location. Click here to purchase this webcast at the group rate.
TNI Members: you must be logged-in to the website to receive the member rate.
No certificates are automatically provided with this training. A Certificate of Completion (CoC) ($30 per person) or Certificate of Attendance (CoA) ($20 per person) may be purchased during or after registration or webcast purchase. A passing score of at least 70% must be received on the exam in order to receive CEUs and a CoC. Scores of less than 70% will receive a Certificate of Attendance at no reduced fee. For a CoA you will not need to take the quiz and you will not receive CEUs. To receive your certificate, contact Paul Junio at [email protected] with date of purchase and date of training completion. See FAQs for additional information.
About Webcasts: Upon receipt of your payment, you will receive a special link by e-mail to watch the webcast on your computer. The link is time-limited: you will have full access to the webcast and any associated handouts for 6 months after receipt of payment, at which time the link will expire. Webcasts cannot be downloaded; they are intended for viewing on your computer only during the 6-month window. If you have any questions, please contact Ilona Taunton at [email protected].
About the Presenter:
Marlene Moore founded Advanced Systems, Inc. in February 1992 as a consulting company specializing in quality systems for laboratory and sampling operations. She brings together the needs of quality system management, measurement operations and regulatory compliance.
Marlene Moore has worked and managed sampling and testing laboratories for over twenty years before providing her expertise to others. Current work includes assessing for laboratory accreditation programs to ISO/IEC 17025 and assessing to ISO/IEC 17065 for conformity assessment certification programs. Assessments are performed for A2LA, ANAB and ANSI. Additional assessor and auditor training was completed under the EPA Safe Drinking Water Program for State certification laboratory auditors for inorganic, organic and microbiology and as an ISO auditor for ISO 9000. Formerly an RAB ASQ/ANSI registered auditor.